The WAAT: the Winoa Advanced Abrasive Tester is a unique testing machine developed to give more reliable and accurate results when testing abrasives for durability in a shot blasting process.
This machine is capable of:
- simulating the operating conditions of a Wheel Blast machine,
- adapting the abrasive projection speed according to the specifics of the customer's equipment
- adjusting the material and hardness of the target plates to conform with the customer’s application.
- Provides reliable abrasive consumption information
- Proves the quality difference between abrasives
- Sets more accurately test conditions to that of the customer’s actual known blasting parameters
- Calculates the consumption in lbs (kg’s) per thrown ton of abrasive and number of cycles
- Creates an Intensity Curve to compare transferred energy and coverage between abrasives
The new WAAT machine is now being used by the entire W Abrasives teams to monitor its abrasive performance and by many of its Premium customers that are attentive to product performance.