Increase the performance of the blasting process and reduce blasting cost in a manufacturing plant for articulated haulers
One of our famous Swedish customer manufactures articulated haulers. They previously worked with a distributor of our Spanish sister company until 2013. Now this customer is handled directly by our Swedish subsidiary which is providing them closely a regularly technical and relevant service, supported by the “Consulting and Training” W Abrasives Experts’ team.
- On-site process audits by W Abrasives expert followed by trials in Test Center to identify the most relevant product to solve their issues.
- Introduction of Premium product Stainium SM318 in the shot blasting machine with continuous technical support of W Abrasives team. STAINIUM® is specially developed for descaling applications when little roughness is required at the end of the process. Especially available in fine grades, STAINIUM® provides a more stable operating mix.
- Custom training session for Operators, Maintenance and Management people, with a focus on the actual customer process and how to master it.
- Successful hotspot audit conducted with WA Cam and continuous use of WA 3D and dust checks to follow-up the results of the process.
As a result of this combined actions, the customer has:
- Reduced cost for maintenance: -6%
- Reduced cost for abrasive consumption: -15%
- Reduced cost due to increased direct cycle time (blasting): -15%
- Reduced cost due to increased indirect cycle time (pre-treatment): -15%
- Reduced cost due to improved quality: -42%