Ready-to-use operating mix for surface preparation in air-blasting
PROFILIUM® is very hard steel grit, developed specially for air blasting applications. As the grain size distribution of the new product is that of a ready-to-use operating mix, the frequency and quantity of abrasive additions will have little or no effect on the profile result: a constant surface profile is obtained. In terms of efficiency, PROFILIUM® has no rival on the market.
#1 Quality : Unique consistency of the surface profile
- Surface cleanliness improved and achieved more quickly.
- More consistent and homogeneous surface profile ensuring improved adhesion of coating.
#2 Performance : 20% more productivity in comparison with traditional abrasives
- High performance, low consumption, and reduced wear of blasting equipment.
- Optimum roughness, providing improved adhesion of coating and reduced paint consumption.
#3 Working conditions : improved working conditions for the operator
- Less dust and greater visibility.
- Less environmental impact.
Finer screen size presents the usual advantages of this distribution: higher m2/m3, lower roughness and blade wear.
PROFILIUM® Technical datasheet
|Product name||PR 23||PR 45||PR 58|
|Nominal size (Sieve #)||
|Hardness||> 64 HRc|
|Chemical composition||C≥0.85% _ Si≥0.4% _ 0.6%≤Mn≤1.2% _ S≤0.05% _ P≤0.05%|
And also Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering, SungDong Shipbuilding, Industry, Universal Shipbuilding, Dubai Dry Docks.
This customer achieved +35% to + 45% efficiency (in blasted m²/hr) for same cleanliness level of Sa2.5 by using Profilium.