Eco-citizenship is an integral part of our corporate ethics. We strive to use natural resources efficiently and respect our environment by minimizing waste generation and impacts on the air, water and land. From the first step of our manufacturing process, we use a recovered material, scrap.
We respect the environment in our process and products by sorting and reusing production wastes, by very tight management of our supply chain, by being as near as possible to our customers, and by offering green services to our clients (e.g. Phenics ).
Innovation : Preserving the environment
Preservation of the natural environment
Exemple of Le Cheylas plant
- Energy: appreciable gains have been made on a regular basis with regard to electricity and gas consumption.
- Air quality: the performance of dedusting units has been multiplied by 4 in the past 20 years, thereby leading to a considerable improvement in waste quality.
- Water treatment: the plant is equipped with highly efficient devices for reducing the quantity of water used (-50%), for lowering the temperature of waste water and guaranteeing its quality, in accordance with the most stringent standards.
- Recycling of industrial waste: sludge from water settling tanks is recycled as a raw material in blast furnaces. Steelworks dust is also recycled.
Promoting ecological solutions
- Advances have been made on products and processes supplied: thanks to the quality of Premium, its wear resistance and the possibility of reusing it several times, abrasive consumption has been halved.
- Advances have also been made through the deployment of new services: Phenics, for example, is a very environmentally-friendly solution. By advantageously replacing the use of non-reusable mineral abrasive, it provides considerable savings in the amount of abrasive used and includes efficient waste treatment, thus eliminating its impact on the environment.
For many years Winoa France has been engaged in a process of constant improvement of its Quality, Security and Environment performances.
As an electricity-intensive group, managing its energetic performance has always been at the core of Winoa.
To reach this goal an ISO 50 001 process has been launched. On July 5, thanks to the efforts of all, the certification was obtained. Winoa becomes the first certified electricity-intensive group in France.