High performances grit for surface preparation in energy sector
This 100% grit was developed to provide the best compromise between surface profile and abrasive consumption. Its specific hardness guarantees a stable surface profile and reduces dust levels. SURFIUM is specially designed for the Energy sector and specifically for OCTG and for surface preparation before coating.
#1 Quality : Better coating adhesion
- Narrow hardness range, leading to a highly consistent surface profile
- Less dust on the blasted surface, ensuring a proper bond between coating and substrate
- Low conductivity level (< 30 µS/cm), reducing the risks of coating blistering
#2 Performance : generates savings versus traditional GL abrasives
- Strong reduction in consumption versus GL grit (-20%)
- Optimum roughness (low dead-volume) providing a reduced paint consumption
PROWHEELIUM® is a high quality, ready-to-use product for surface preparation in wheel machines when high roughness is required.
SURFIUM Technical datasheet
|Product name||SF 710||SF 600||SF 350|
|Nominal size (Sieve #)||
|Hardness||51 - 54 HRc|
|Chemical composition||C≥0.85% _ Si≥0.4% _ 0.6%≤Mn≤1.2% _ S≤0.05% _ P≤0.05%|